Pay for your ride as you board the bus using cash, Smart Ride Card, Smart Ride Ticket, Smart Ride App or Go-To Card (stored value). If you use cash to pay for your trip, please use exact change. The farebox is unable to issue change. The farebox will accept coins and $1, $5, $10 and $20 bills. You may also purchase a 10-Ride Card on the bus using cash. Click here for more information about fares.
Go-To Card may be used on Northstar Link Commuter Bus and Northstar Commuter Rail. These services require separate fares so remember to touch your card to the reader every time you board a bus or train. Only the stored value portion of a Go-To Card may be used on the bus.
- Please wait for others to exit the bus before boarding.
- Certain seats are designated for seniors and individuals with disabilities. Please surrender these seats when needed by these customers.
- Remain seated throughout the trip. If there is standing room only, hold handrails in case of sudden stops.
- Please wait until the bus has come to a complete stop before leaving your seat.
- Strollers and non-motorized bicycles are welcome.
- All buses are wheelchair accessible and are equipped with bicycle racks that hold two bikes. Additional storage is located in the luggage compartment under the bus.
Park & Ride Lots
- Park & Ride lots and commuter buses do not have restrooms or vending facilities. Northstar Line trains do have restrooms.
- Overnight parking is allowed at Park & Ride lots in designated locations for up to 7 days.
Northstar Link will not operate on these holidays:
New Year’s Day, Easter, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, and Christmas.