ST. CLOUD (8/19/14) – The Minnesota State Fair opens this week and Northstar can help you get there.
Ride Northstar Link Commuter Bus from St. Cloud and Becker to connect with Northstar Commuter Rail in Big Lake for service to Fridley Station. State Fair Express buses leave Fridley Station every 30 minutes.
Northstar Link will be honoring Metro Transit’s Northstar Roundtrip Family Pass, so families can ride with one fare. The Northstar Roundtrip Family Pass may be purchased online for $30 and is valid for two adults and up to three kids (ages 6-17) or seniors (age 65+). Those not using a family pass may purchase single fares for Northstar Link, Northstar Commuter Rail, and State Fair Express Parking. Two adults traveling together save $12 by using the Family Pass.
More information about the Family Pass may be found at: http://www.metrotransit.org/buy-a-northstar-roundtrip-family-pass-and-save-big
It is important to note that there is no extra Northstar service planned for the State Fair. Northstar Link meets every train on weekdays and has limited service on weekends. Customers are encouraged to plan ahead and allow extra time for traveling between the State Fair and Fridley station. Plan to leave the fair at least one hour to 90 minutes before you expect to catch the train at Fridley Station.
Northstar does not operate on Labor Day.
NORTHSTAR LINK COMMUTER BUS TO SERVE ALL VIKINGS HOME GAMES
ST. CLOUD – Northstar Commuter Rail and Northstar Link Commuter Bus will provide service for all Minnesota Vikings pre-season and regular season home games at TCF Bank Stadium.
To get to the game:
– Catch the Northstar Link Bus from St. Cloud or Becker to the Northstar train in Big Lake.
– Ride the train until the end of the line at Target Field Station, where you can make an easy – and FREE – transfer to a METRO Green Line train for service to TCF Bank Stadium.
– Travel time from St. Cloud to TCF Bank Stadium is just over two hours. This includes time for fare purchase and transfers. Using public transportation will get you to the game in time for some pre-game activities.
For the return trip:
– Ride a westbound METRO Green Line train to Target Field Station. Green line has frequent departures.
– A northbound Northstar Rail train will depart Target Field Station 90 minutes after game ends.
– The Northstar Link bus will meet the train in Big Lake and will serve all stops.
Separate fares are required for the Northstar Bus and the Northstar Train. The cost to ride Northstar Link between St. Cloud and Big Lake is $2. Between Becker and Big Lake is $1. Fares for Northstar train from Big Lake to Target Field station ranges between $5.25 on weekend and $6.00 for weekday. Roundtrip Family Passes are also available from Metro Transit for travel on Northstar train.
Information about Northstar Commuter Rail service for Vikings games:metrotransit.org/ride-northstar-to-the-vikings